Cancer Awareness Centre of Kenya in partnership with Queen of Apostles Catholic Church, Ruaraka has organized a MEDICAL CAMP on
Saturday 24th November 2018 at the church grounds starting 8.00am. The target number of population is over 1,000 people; both parishioners and the neighboring communities.
The ultimate goal of this project is to improve the face of health in our church and demystify the myths about Cancer; hence reduce both male and female morbidity and mortality due to prostrate, breast and cervical cancers.
The following services shall be offered during the event;-
- Essential NCD Screening (Blood Sugars, Blood Pressure, Height & Weight, BMI)
- Screening for Reproductive Cancers (Cervical, Prostate & Breast).
- Health education and nutritional talks.
- Counseling and Social Support.
- HIV screening, risk-reduction, counseling and care information